Sunday 27 December 2015

4. When you decide to take up Graphic Design...the field of complexities

Assalamualaykuum!

Hope you are well and good in sha Allah!

So for those readers who know me by my Wattpad (@ummtameem786) or Instagram (@Qalamunoor) know that I am an academic, and study, well, academic stuff particularly psychology, the sciences and maths. And because of this I'm infamously predicted to venture into medicine, medicine or bin cleaning. It's that simple.

However being young and indecisive (not saying all young people are indecisive that is), I'd decided to take up photography in my spare time. But instead of snapping pictures of people, I resided on snapping pictures of stuff and spend hours upon hours editing these images into what looked like graphic design pieces.

So I decided to take a logical step towards learning graphic design. Not knowing how complex it actually was, I promised myself that by the end of next year, I should be able to become a decent graphic designer (2016). However after having purchased some graphic design books, and material I never really understood how much drawing that graphic design encompassed and how so many key terms and technical jargon embellished the pages and software; not a very inspiring start. Having also the stress of academic studies, there seems to not be an overlap between the content of such subject areas that means I either complete my academic studies or graphic design at a given time. Not forgetting the stress to start my own nonprofit organisation (that I shall share details soon about) and youth club, and Islamic Studies...life is everything but boring.

But nonetheless, the target is set and the deadline in on. Hopefully in sha Allah (If God Wills), I shall try posting up some of my work, for your amusement, but hopefully it won't be too bad....I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment