Thursday 24 December 2015

2. Juggling...meh! #rulenumberonetosuccess

I hate juggling, and I don't think any day I'll be able to master it.
It's like driving; you either can or can't and any path in the middle is driven for utter failure.
But when you're being chased by a 20 foot giraffe or a mob of angry people who you haven't completed the work for them, you've just gotta know how to drive...
and juggle.

To be honest, excuses are turning lame. I mean we all know the dog ate the homework, the internet broke down, you weren't in the city, we get it. You haven't done what you were supposed to do, and more likely than not, you're probably never going to get it done anyway.
That's the cycle of lame excuses; there's just no escape.

And I understand, excuses are just the best way around literally everything. I do it too. I could probably put my hands up to have not handed in my psychology essay on time and even more seriously, in some cases, not prayed on time.

You see, excuses stem beyond a materialistic virtue; excuses become a problem when they suppress us from our spiritual virtue and ourselves...that is, towards our connection with Allah.

There's always something that we use to justify our distance from Allah with; the level of homework, the stress, having put a human closer to our heart than Allah. And when we do that, we make excuses.

These excuses aren't to your boss or co-worker, these excuses are to the one you created you. The one who knows you better than you know yourself, the One who gifted you with the very mind that you use to create excuses towards Him swt. Doesn't He swt not know?

That is our flaw; what we have convinced ourselves to think is that just as we make excuses in this world, we'll somehow or another gather excuses to make in the other world, for all the missed prayers, for all the distance, negligence, but our excuses are null.


The reason why I wanted to mention this and what this has got to do with my journey is that for anyone of us to exceed in life, and make changes, to be the best we can be of ourselves and to truly enhance our talent, we need to stop making excuses, push to limits and not let anything to distance you from what you wish to achieve.

And the biggest excuse we make is our excuse with God (Allah) and without His help, we are hopeless. Without His guidance, our dreams are million miles away.

The first step to a successful journey is succeeding towards a journey to Allah

Maarz xx


1 comment:

  1. Subhna'allah....I needed this reminder!
    I'm in absolute awe rn, how relevant your posts are to my current circumstances . It's amazing how Allah (swt) guides us to places we may never have explored otherwise, without His guidance ~

    ReplyDelete