Wednesday 17 February 2016

7. Did I just...


All praise and glory belongs to Allah, the most High.

Assalamualaykum!

They call it procrastination.
I call it making a change.

Did I just totally dismiss academia? Oh yes I did.

So this can be categorized as a rant more than a debate because in actual fact, there is no more sensible way of explaining sheer frustration than accepting that you are frustrated...really frustrated.

Not frustrated because of the endless work, or the lack of freedom, not because of the walls that academia build for students to stop them from questioning, I mean its totally fine to murder the living daylight out of a humans natural curiosity so beautifully gifted by the most gracious, I mean its totally fine right? Right?

I don't think so.

It's certainly not debatable that the academic standards put through for students across the education system is ridiculous. It's strenuousness imitates the very concept that stopped many people in the early 20th Century questioning the corruption of the government, why the streets were so black and why on earth no one tried sorting out the sewage system.

What I'm trying to get across is this idea that we are becoming habitual, accepting the problems we have around us because 'that's how the world works' and making the effort a habit.

A habitual is damaging to the environment, to the world, and to ourselves.

It stops us from thinking...and contemplating.

Who made us?
What is our purpose in life?
Have we pleased Him swt?


No comments:

Post a Comment