Monday 15 February 2016

5. Fashion is art

Assalamualaykum!

So everything has been busy, very busy.
Exams, stress, settling, focusing; its a field of complexities, not forgetting the graphic design of course (*wink wink*).

But recently I've been finding myself refining my dress sense, getting more serious about it if you know what I mean. It's been maxi skirts and tops, loose trousers and dresses for the past few years.

But after spending so much of my time around art and design, picking and picking again details from pieces of work and finding myself consistently dissatisfied with the design around me, I have finally taken some interest into refining the art I portray.

And that means becoming manically obsessed with mid shirts/dresses and longline shirts and jackets.
It's a craze, and it's as true as my previous obsession with long sleeve tops under short sleeve tops (I guess you guys will remember the sheer coolness of 2009 where wearing a long shirt under a shorter one made you absolute genius material??). Well this time its worse, It's not a craze anymore but a total imitation.

But you see, feeling totally inspired by some clothing lines and styles really can affect the uniqueness of the way you dress and the way you portray yourself as a person.

The amount of Hijabi's I've personally encountered in long jackets and nude colour hijabs with on-fleek makeup is innumerable to the extent its not fashion any more, it's a uniform. It's a very nice, very stylish uniform, but a uniform nonetheless. It's sad and pretty damn damaging because it looks good. In fact it looks so good your enticed to dress like that yourself.
But it seems to loose a sense of personality.

So here your strung between dressing on trend and dressing to imitate everyone else.

Unless you are aware and care, which splits many people here. Because for me, presenting yourself is unique. Taking a trend from here and a color scheme from there can culminate a more beautiful and interpretive style that reflects you, your mood, who you are and what you like.

For me today it's a black sweat with white print along with a black skirt and a grey longline jacket.
(plus black Nike Free Run running trainers of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment